Wednesday, May 16, 2007

thoughts about Vegas

I remember just before I went to Vegas for the first time, thinking, I was going to love it so much I would have to go every year. And it was a nice visit with DH but some things sort of put me off and I came back from the trip, thinking, "been there, done that".
Then,a few years later, I thought it would be a fun trip for my mom and I to do, for our birthdays. And we went last year and had a blast. We went and saw Mamma Mia, went up the Eiffel Tower, walked the strip a million times, watched the Bellagio fountains a lot, shopped, had good meals, had fun playing cheap slot machines. I'm now back to loving Vegas and wanting to go all the time.
So this summer, DD and I are going with my very dear friend and his partner. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. Like already packing a suitcase, excited. We are staying in the fanciest 5 star hotel there. I'm so not fitting in, me with my crocs. First time ever, in that kind of hotel. Probably will be the last too. I am looking forward to showing DD the strip and seeing favorites, like the Bellagio fountains, Bellagio chocolate fountain, Desert Passage, Forum Shops, Cheesecake Factory, Fashionshow Mall, etc. I would love to ride a gondola at the Venetian hotel. I'd also love to go out to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Damn, but it is so hot there in August that it most likely would not be enjoyable. I hope to see a show, like "O" or maybe the one at the hotel we're staying at. Looks like the hotel has a beautiful restaurant on the pool patio. Would love to have a breakfast out there. Would love to find a Williams Sonoma and a big Lane Bryant. Spend some time in the spa. I know we are going to have a FANTASTIC time.

1 comment:

Info Goddess said...

Hi!! Vegas sounds like so much fun. If it's still playing when you go, try to see Avenue Q - it's just hilarious (musical comedy, kind of an R-rated Sesame Street). ps loved the dog pictures. You just give him as many toys as you want!