Monday, March 13, 2017

  1. I've been posting stamping videos to the blog so I could later on do "classes" on techniques, etc. But the webpage is slow to load and I don't know what to do, if I should continue or take them down. I am excited with the ideas and can't wait to spend time in the studio. I have a box of SU goodies to unpack, and just placed a small order of "needed" supplies.  I have a few projects in my mind, on the go. Mamma brought up all my cardstock and that is exciting to see all the beautiful colours!
  2. My knee is still so painful. I had cortisone injected last week for no effect, so far. I am hopeful. I have a few things on the go in regards to my health.  I'm eating better and making better choices. I'm having a hard time giving up my Starbucks and DQ ice cream cone on the way to work. I am supposed to be cutting out NSAIDS and caffeine and am finding that very difficult. I don't drink coffee or tea at home so that is good. I just "need" it when I'm working those 12 hour shifts. I guess I could give up the drink and replace with a caffeine tablet to get me through the shift but I eventually have to be off caffeine.  Ugh.  Physio isn't going very well either, lots of pain with that.  My back is also so sore and my ankle, well, it's all lousy. I'm taking it from all sides. I keep looking to the future and seeing improvements with my health after surgery. Do I have too much invested on this? I don't know.
  3. Work is work. I miss palliative and the team I work with. I've met some good people at my new job but there is no real social activities outside of work. I will stay here until I retire. And maybe work casually after retirement. But that's a ways off. 
  4. The kittens are going to be four in a few days. They are peeing downstairs and wrecking the flooring. I'm going to have to replace it with lino I think. I have a new litter box system and Poppy is using it so that is exciting. Its got pellets instead of litter. I just have to get George involved in it. Gel pad in a tray beneath the box pulls the urine right away and absorbs the smell. Just have to scoop the poop. Smart. Got it from the USA though and the supplies are from Amazon.  They are sleeping with me more at night, or the day, depending on when I hit the sack.  Poppy tends to sleep beside my head and George on my legs.  Reminds me of times with Raja.  Poppy likes to play for a bit by poking at my face and since she's not very careful with her claws, I have taken to sleeping with a water spray bottle! lol

No comments: