Monday, July 22, 2013

kittens, busy kittens!

Oh vei are the kittens naughty, especially Miss Princess Poppy! lol! Tonight before work she jumped up on top of my bedside glass art decco lamp and crushed the shade and poked a few holes in the drapes (that were draped on top of the lamp so she wouldn't crawl up them from the floor). George was startled and hid under the bed. Then after that, I found her perched on the banister, where I had laid out all my work clothes for the next few days. This, after I found said work clothes on the floor and had to rehang them. Teach me not to do this again. How I wish my closet door closed now! She likes to climb up on the first rung and scooch along the hangers... oh she's a handful this Pretty Poppy. I spray her with water and she looks at me with a "like I care" attitude. George hits the road and knows better. They are both "digging" into the fabrics on the furniture and bed linen, and my clothing. I think their nails need to be trimmed but I am afraid to do it, afraid to do it alone, afraid of their reaction.

Then she turns around and winds herself around my legs and jumps on my lap for a cuddle, always when I'm on the toliet (sorry if TMI). And purrs and cuddles and acts all innocent. George gets a bit jealous at times and comes in then for his cuddles, but always on his terms. Equal cuddle time for them both and often I end up with my arms full of them both, which is proving more and more difficult with George getting so long and lanky. Poppy is still petite but I can see that she's growing too.

George LOVES his food and I try to make sure Poppy gets her fair share; hopefully she enjoys the dry food too because he monopolizes the wet. I've tried separate dishes but he jumps from one dish to the next with her following, so we're no further ahead than when we started. DD and I had pizza last night for dinner and George was begging, up on the chair at the table. The water bottle came out and he retreated but still hovered. When I sit in bed with my ice cream, the two of them climb on top of each other, trying to get closest to the bowl, it's annoying and funny/cute at the same time. They, just like Raja did, love themselves some melted ice cream. Vanilla of course.

No comments: