Sunday, November 21, 2010

Well I'm on the first of four nights, working with my little McCupcake. We've pretty much worked steady for the first half of the shift and now time has come to start breaks and we've already come up with a decent menu for the Christmas party! I'm so looking forward to it though I'm worried about the lack of time to clean and finish decorating and the food. Oy. Have to find my big memory card for all the picture taking!
Had such an enjoyable day yesterday with my g/f "L" who came up across the border and we visited and scrapbooked. Like the old days, though much fewer and farer apart. I did one layout for a gift, made several Christmas cards (the count is now easily over 20!), made more Norweigan heart decorations for my white treat, cleaned up my desk a bit, printed some pictures for future layouts, matted and framed a picture and checked out a few magazines. We had a simple dinner and then worked for a few more hours. When she left it was just starting to snow...about 15 minutes later, POOF, the power went out! Of course none of my close at hand flashlights worked but thankfully I made my way to a candle and lighter and seriously thankful for my iPhone which I could still check my email and facebook (priorities!) and set my alarm clock. It was off to bed early and as usual, I woke up every 2-3 hours for bathroom and position change. Oh to sleep a solid 8 hours.......
Nearly done all my Christmas shopping. Just need to do all the wrapping. Waiting on a few packages from the USA; very excited about that. Hope they arrive; one I've been waiting on for a month and they aren't good about keeping me updated so I hope I don't have issues with that one because the order has some really cool things I want to surprise the family with. As well my daughter's 20th birthday is coming up and I have ideas for that. Hoping to have a family party in my home this year. Can't believe she's going to be 20!!!

No comments: