Here it is, a brainstorm that happened during a nap. I have loved the Top Notch die ever since it came out, even bought it but never could use it until I sighed up as an Independent Demonstrator and bought the Big Shot.
Have seen variations of the patchwork quilt look, mostly monochromatic..online and in my dream, dreamt of Christmas colours.
Have seen variations of the patchwork quilt look, mostly monochromatic..online and in my dream, dreamt of Christmas colours.
First version is very simple and basic. Lacks, well, a lot. I cut 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch squares and mounted them onto a piece of white cardstock/board that I get free from work. Used the top notch die and voila.
Second version, as you can see, has more interest as I stamped the paper with different stamps to add depth. Colours are Riding Hood Red, Garden Green and Not Quite Navy.
Third version (but not the final - you will have to wait until next week!) has texture. Ran a few squares through an embossing template and inked each square with the corresponding ink and then versamark'd the whole cut out die.
The three different looks.... but the card is unfinished and will post next week, when it unfolds...

2 comments:
FANTASTIC!!!!! LOVE these! Well done :)
Love those! They look great!
Post a Comment