Wednesday, November 25, 2009

what's new pussycat?

  • yesterday rocketgirl and I went out and had coffee and did a bit of Christmas shopping. It was great to get out and buy new Christmas decorations for my new home! Also got a cute little leather stool which has a lid that flips over to be a serving tray, and, a laundry sorting system/basket that I put together by myself.
  • past few sets of shifts at work have been emotionally stressful. not sure what the answer is but we have to figure out how to take care of our "insides" because we're quickly burning out, and the unit is only a year old!
  • my g/f's hubby fixed my dryer so I've been doing loads and loads of laundy. not enjoying that it's in a closet and I don't have a separate laundry room. a new washer and dryer is on the wish list!
  • have been unpacking more and more boxes. ironically, found the kitchen dishes today and guess what, they do not fit into the kitchen cupboards! is that a sign or what, to go and buy new dishes???
  • the cat is much more settled and happily using his litterbox down in my daughters bathroom. not an ideal situation but I will have to make it work.
  • the Christmas tree is up and slowly getting decorated it. if I say so myself, it's pretty and makes me happy. I can't wait for my daughter to come home for Christmas. I will be putting up the smaller one in the foyer.
  • had an paint estimate done last week and it was waaaay more than I was expecting. trying to get a call into a friend's friend and see what their price is. would really love to get my bedroom, my daughter's bedroom and the studio done. I have three weeks vacation off at Christmas and want to set up the scrapbooking studio at that time and get BACK IN TO IT!!! I think mcbabyc and rocketgirl are going to be getting in to it as well. I can totally see having crops down there with new and old friends.
  • speaking of scrapbooking, got my first parcel in the mail; the Christmas release which will allow me to make all different types of mini albums... oh the potential! super cute! and two new 4x8 fonts. happiness!

1 comment:

David said...

http://www.practitionerrenewal.ca/documents/3645PractitionerRenewalBrochurefinalUpdate4_000.pdf