Wednesday, July 08, 2009

update time?

  • I just finished six 12 hour shifts in seven days. What a kicker. There is so much OT available for nurses. At times hard to refuse, but the burn out is there as well. I keep telling myself I am doing it to pay off the bills and help the unit. In reality, I spend more, the more I make. And still go paycheck to paycheck. *sigh* I sure wish I could sell this house and get a fresh financial start. I would love to attend a Suze Orman session.
  • Have finished all four of the twighlight books. The first book was the best. My daughter has now lent me a book her boyfriend bought her, so I hope to start that on my next set of days off.
  • So thrilled to come home the other day and find the new Stampin Up catalogue on the kitchen island. Love it!!!
  • Had a run in with an older lady yesterday who felt it her right and duty to inform me I was doing a bad job of raising my daughter. "she's wild and unsupervised"... "you should have tried harder to make your marriage work" "children need a parent at home; you shouldn't be working all the time". I came home and bawled and bawled. Then got mad. Like I had any choice years ago. I never dreamed I would be a single parent.
  • I so miss scrapbooking and stamping. It really saddens me I am so tired all the time on my days off that I can't summon up creative energy to go and scrapbook. What is the point of taking all the pictures I do if I don't scrapbook the memories? Hopefully on my vacation.
  • Speaking of vacation, I am going to go away to Whistler with my daughter for a few days. Just depends on what days she can get off. Then the last week I am going to Las Vegas with some friends from work. It's going to be a blast!!! I already have two new swimsuits, 40% off!
  • One of the extra shifts I worked was back at my old hospital in the ER. Nice to see everyone; it's like coming home. Had a 2nd year ESN student so she did most of the work but it was still nice to be there.
  • Yesterday was a chore day. Gassed up the truck, did the banking, grocery shop and the mail. Today is laundry day. I'm not a daily laundry person, I'd rather let it pile up and deal with it over one day. Which isn't fun either. Thankfully happens only every two weeks because I have enough uniforms and unmentionables to last me.
  • One of my last night shifts I worked with two fun nurses. OMG, we laughed and giggled all night long. Makes me smile now thinking about it. I think it's important to have fun and laugh at work, as long as it's appropriate and not disturbing anyone. We work such a high stress job; humour is a good release.
  • nothing happening with the house.................... so no point looking at places down below. But I get daily emails from my realtor and so I have a good idea on complexes I am interested in.
  • It's back to work tomorrow. *sigh* I hope they have managed to fill in all the empty spots. I should start a count down for how many shifts off until I'm on vacation!

2 comments:

Lenora said...

What's with the b**chy old lady? Who does she think she is? No one really knows your story but you so just "be a duck" - and let it run like water down your back - not worth your tears!

Lenora said...

oh yeah - (can you tell that got me riled up?!) - your daughter is an ADULT now and you have to let her do her own thing - 18/19 year olds shouldn't need to be "supervised" by their parents!