Sunday, July 26, 2009

update on my little slice of life...

  • 8 more shifts before I start vacation! woo hoo! Hope to pick up one more OT in that period, but that shouldn't be too difficult.
  • have a nice catch up visit with some of the "quality girls" the other night. very relaxed. wine, pizza and laughs.
  • at that get together, I found out about an upcoming white water rafting trip, and I have since signed up. awesome!
  • morning after that, I met up with the "Fab Five", another group of women near and dear to my heart. Was far too short of a visit as I had to go home to bed, as I had picked up a nightshift here in town. These women are gold.
  • I worked a nightshift in my old ER and I really feel like I've lost my mojo; makes me not want to keep picking up. Which makes me sad to think in just one year, how quickly I've lost that "edge". It was a steady shift with some interesting situations. Best part, was having DQ with the ER doc and the floor staff, just like old times!
  • So this set of days off, I've had two turn around days which is lousy because they are such wasted days. And so far to sleep with this weather. I'm so heat intolerant. I dream of air conditioning.
  • got a couple of big chores done this week; one showing me how my future can look like and so that is positive. Can't wait for a new life, out of this town!!!

No comments: