What a busy, but great few days!
Got off nights Thursday and slept for a bit and then got up and started cleaning house and setting up the dining room and kitchen. White table cloths, gold candle tapers and gold tealights and "50" gold sparkles.
Friday I went down the valley to pick up the Norweigan wedding cake and then did a few other errands as well as a little treat shopping for myself at Precious Memories. :)
Picked up my parents and we drove to a nearby 5 star resort to have dinner in their restaurant. They had a live band playing as well, so there was so fun entertainment with that. None of us are really used to the type of meals on the menu (or the prices) but we all were happy with our choices except for my oldest nephew who ordered macaroni and cheese from the children's menu and got Kraft Dinner!!! The band came and serenaded my parents which was pretty cool and then they played a song for them and my mom and dad got up and had a dance. I wasn't sure if my dad would do it, but he did and I got pictures and video footage. When they came and sat down, both of my nephews "high fived" their grandfather! I think it was a memorable night for us all. Even asked a stranger to take pictures of our whole family by the foyer fireplace and they turned out not too badly.
Saturday morning we did more cleaning and I had to pick up the meat'n'cheese platters and the black forest cake. We ended up with about 30 people here and my mom was quite surprised. It was really really good. :) I was busy running around making sure everyone had something to drink and eat, so I didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped. Can you imagine! My parents were impressed with all their government letters of congratulations; Premier, Prime Minister, MLA, Governor General, Mayor of the town they were married in, in Norway ,etc. After they were done opening my mom said to me "you forgot someone" and I asked "who". She said "our mayor". I said, "oh he is coming at 4!" You should have seen her face. And he did come and presented my parents with a plaque from the town. So that was fun too. There was lots of laughter and visiting going on and I know my parents had a really good time.
It was all so worth it.
They loved the scrapbook album I did. All the guests passed it around and looked too. I will be adding the cards and the letters and the pictures, once I get them developed. Again, so worth it.
Today is a day of rest. A PJ day. I might do a load of laundry or two and I do have to clean up the kitchen but other than that, I'm taking it easy. My girlfriends are coming over for a visit in the afternoon and I'm really looking forward to that.
Oh, and a subject change. I've had a few people ask about the bruise. It wasn't my urine I slipped in!!!! It was a patient's! Some old men just like to pee on the floor. The bruise is a nasty yellow now and has spread out further and is quite tender.
Going to go and see what pictures I can share....
No comments:
Post a Comment