Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I don't know if I should post or what to post. I am so sad and hurt and confused.
Sunday my daughter was in a snowboarding accident at the local ski hill. Brought down by EHS to our ER department in full spinal precautions. Took my breath away seeing her like that. Tried to stay calm. Thank goodness she was wearing her helmet. She has headaches and nausea and her neck and back is stiff. Scarey. Not too long ago another teenager was hurt up at the same ski hill, no helmet, ran into a tree and now is a head injury patient. And I believe, a week after that, someone else died on the spot after running into a tree. This is the second concussion she has had in three months; I told her this morning, I think that's enough of snowboard season.
Yesterday was the meeting with the judge. Very disappointing, discouraging, and frustrating. It boils down to consequences to actions and taking responsibility; something I thought we always tried to teach our daughter. But no. Denial and lies continue. Now, we go to trial.

2 comments:

Lenora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I hope your DD is ok. I'll say a prayer for her and for strength for you.
LW