Friday, January 19, 2007

What to say? Should I blog or not? Who actually reads this thing? What is the point of it all? These are some of the questions running through my mind.
Today I had lunch with a dear friend. She is so good to me. Haven't seen her in ages so was nice to have a catch up. She has a new grandson and had a beautiful brag book that I need to get the directions for; I think they are called Explosion Books.
Went to Michaels and got a few deals. Have to use that coupon, you know! Pretty spring ribbon. Yarn on sale. The Cuttlebug "thank you" embossing die, acrylic paints and brushes on sale.
Work is busy. Staff shortages in the WORST way. Came home today to FOUR messages, asking me to work over the week-end. If I do, it will be a total of 40 hours of extra work, on my five days off. I'm back on Tuesday. I think it would wipe me out for WEEKS. Will see how I sleep tonight and call in the morning to see what the status is.
Stress level is high. Don't know when it will change.
My printer died, so I need to get a new one. Can't do much scrapbooking without it. Looking online at Canon printers. Any suggestions?
Before the printer died, I got quite a few pics printed (maybe that's what did it in) for my joy journal. And yes, it does bring me JOY to look at it.
Working on the journaling for a layout about LIVE for my BOM.
Weather has been miserable. Not so much fun to take my boy out for his daily walks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Canon Pixma 6000D which I love.

It prints photos that are indistinguishable from commercial prints.

It has individual ink cartridges so you don't have to throw away a cartridge that still has yellow and magenta just cause the cyan is done.

It has card slots built right in so you can actually use the printer without a computer. I did this at a 75th birthday party and we had the guest book/scrapbook finished before we went home!! Also handy at crops - I load all my pics onto my spare memory card and can just take my printer and print out what I want - the size that I want.
Can you tell I love my printer!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Makes me feel connected to you even though our MSN chats are the ones that really have a constant frequency in our friendship.

Go with your heart, think about if it helps you feel, breathe and live. If it helps then don't cut it out....love you!

t

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Here are some really good instructions for the explosion book. They are really fun to make. :-)

http://www.scrapbook-elements.com/tutorials/MWIRT_CREATING-an-EXPLOSION-BOOK.pdf