Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What a day yesterday. Started the shift off with a patient occupancy of 140%, went up to 180% and then had one transfer which left us with 170% occupancy. That is crazy, people! My body just aches from running all day. But, worked with one of my girlfriends and we work well together. We kept smiling and taking all the compliments on how we looked in our coordinating chocolate brown scrubs. I got tons of compliments on my hair and I loved hearing it. Came home last night to a lonely dog so we went out immediately for a good brisk walk, which makes him so happy. Then we spent the evening cuddling on the bed. A patient's family member has black lab puppies for sale and brought one yesterday. OMG, so so adorable. Love puppy smell. But, it would so stress out my boy to have a puppy in the house. Sometimes I think he would benefit from the company of another dog, but, he does like to get all the attention.
The rain is coming full force and I hear we're expecting high winds. Snow is pretty much all gone. Think I'd rather have that than this miserable rain.
Been checking out the real estate options down the valley. Feels good and positive to think about the future and have plans. Working on an education plan as well. Should have had that addressed in the divorce papers. Expect a response back from DH's laywer at the end of this week. Not impressed with their delay tactics.
Pretty much all done my Christmas shopping. Just two people left to buy for. Everything is wrapped so that is a good feeling. Going to spend Friday evening and Saturday morning with my mom, learning how to make her awesome Norweigan donuts. Mother daughter bonding time. Scrapbooking moment. And on Sunday, hope to make Candycane cookies with DD. It's the only thing she wants baked for Christmas. I can handle that.
Was a happy mail day last night when I checked the box. SIX Christmas cards. Awesome! :)

No comments: