Thursday, December 07, 2006

I have a work vent. Well I have a lot, but I'll only say one for every set. Might make me feel better. This week's vent is: It makes me crazy when patients/families come find you instead of using the callbell. There's a reason for the callbell people! I especially find it hard to handle when they come right into other patients' rooms and open up curtains. A family member told me last week that "it's faster to come get you than put the callbell on and wait". Yeah, it might seem so but chances are I'm busy with another patient and have to leave in the middle of whatever I was doing there and go attend to your needs. I said it more than once last night "there is only one of me here on nights and I can't be everywhere with each patient all at the same time". Please respect my personal space, which is also my med cart when I'm working the floor. Please try to have a little more patience. Please use your callbell!

No comments: